1 monkfish tail about 1kg – 2 kg or 500g of monkfish fillets
2 eggs beaten
Coarse sea salt to season
Olive oil to shallow fry
1. Cut the monkfish fillets into approximately 3cm cubes.
2. Beat the eggs and season with a little bit of salt.
3. Coat the monkfish with the flour, then place into the beaten egg.
4. In a shallow frying pan, heat the olive oil. When the oil is hot, place the monkfish one piece at a time into the pan and cook until golden brown. Take care not to overcook the fish. It should only take a couple of minutes to cook.
5. Remove from the pan and place on kitchen paper. Sprinkle salt and grated lemon zest.
6. Cut the lemons into wedges.
1. Place the monkfish on a plate with some lemon wedges and a sprinkle of salt. Serve hot.
This dish can also be served with a little aioli